Saturday, June 30, 2012

Yep This is a Photo of me With Craig Lord






Earlier in the week, I noticed that my favorite Chinese drug cheating/bodysuit obsessed writer was in the house here in Omaha. From that point on, I knew I had one mission- I had to meet Craig Lord.

My opportunity came tonight when I snuck into the media zone and found him alone banging away at his laptop. As far as I could tell his caps key was completely functional. I said "excuse me" and Craig whipped around. He gave me a broad smile and a firm handshake. He made sure to let me know that he enjoyed the back and forth, and in order to confirm the authenticity of that I asked him for this photo. Craig consented with some trepidation- I had to promise to be nice in this post.

Here's what else I learned in my brief chat with Craig:

1. He also wants to know just how big USA swimming wants this meet to be. 1800 is too big

2. He's really impressed by a domestic meet that can get 14,000 fans

3. He's part of a secret group of shadowy swimming power brokers that rule the sport with an invisible hand*

*possibly not true


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I don't care what anyone says, Craig is one of the most knowledgeable journalists out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. USA Swimming announced last summer that they wanted the meet to have 1000 swimmers, though by Junior Nationals last SUMMER, the meet was already over 1,200!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete