Monday, July 18, 2011

Nighttime Snack: Fearless Shanghai


With World Championships just a week away, I wanted to make sure I got in one more fearless prediction before the meet starts. This one may be even less controversial than my last one. With his CAS hearing just two days away, I feel confident predicting what will come of Cesar Cielo in this meet.


I don't think Cielo will be allowed to compete. I mean, I've seen some funky drug test rulings, but I can't imagine the "my supplements were tainted!" argument is going to be enough to get him no ban. I don't take any pleasure in it- I have always been a huge Cielo fan. I was looking forward to seeing him bounce back from a 2010 where he struggled a bit and got knocked off the hill by Nathan Adrian. Now I believe we won't get to see that, and it's a shame.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you and don't really like it either. I don't get how that supplement really changed anything for him long term and with how often he is tested, it seems like a one-time thing. Nevertheless, the rules on drug testing are so iron clad and definitely lean toward strict liability. It will cheapen the 50 & 100 free if he isn't there.

    ReplyDelete