Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nighttime Snack: The Missing Picks

So after last summers DFL finish in picking top 3 for Pan Pacs in Irvine, I resolved to do better. It was a wake up call for how much I had slipped as a student of international swimming. My brain made room for hundreds of 16-17 year old swimmers that I otherwise might not have cared about except they determine my fate. It kicked out some international results. This summer, I resolved to do my homework and be better. It was all going well until I wrapped up picking events and completely skipped the IMs. Whoops. Let's fix that.


Women's 200 IM:
1. Stephanie Rice
2. Ariana Kukors
3. Ye Shiwen

Comment: Yeah I put Ye Shiwen third. Whatever. I am letting all rational thought fly on this one. Screw it. I think Steph Rice is back and Kukors looks too good- I think they've both prepped with this meet in mind all year.

Women's 400 IM:
1. Stephanie Rice
2. Hannah Miley
3. Ye Shiwen

Comment: Again, I am riding Rice here. Miley swims her best when the stakes are highest and Shiwen is just too good to leave out entirely

Men's 200 IM: 
1. Michael Phelps
2. Ryan Lochte
3. Thiago Pereira

Comment: Michael Phelps underdog pick! It's exciting!

Men's 400 IM:
1. Ryan Lochte
2. Tyler Clary
3. Laszlo Cseh

Comment: Do you think Cseh has a shrine for all the times he would've been World or Olympic Champion had America not existed? Me neither...

2 comments:

  1. Funny, the way I remember things it was Nationals in which you finished DFL and then never responded to my invitation to do the Pan Pacs prediction contest out of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your name again young man? I'm getting old. 28 today

    ReplyDelete